THE APPLICANT ORGANIZATION MUST:
Annual Operating Budget
Corresponding IRS Requirement
Financial Information Required
|<$50,000||990-N (Postcard)||Internal financial statements*|
|$50,000-$499,999||990-EZ or 990||IRS 990 Form|
*statement of activities (i.e. income/expense statement) and a statement of financial position (i.e. balance sheet)
**annual financial audit completed by independent CPA using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
As a community foundation, the Amarillo Area Foundation has several granting opportunities, each with its own priorities.
For details visit the GRANTS OPPORTUNITIES page.
AAF will not accept any proposals for projects that serve communities or residents located outside the northernmost 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle. The board also does not grant funds to the following projects:
- Religious activities or programs that serve specific religious groups or denominations
- Parochial or private schools primarily funded through student tuition
- Direct political lobbying or legislative activities (except if lobbying aligns with the core purpose of the foundation)
- Debt retirement or deficit funding
- Already completed projects
- Fundraising activities and events
The Amarillo Area Foundation (including each of its programs and related organizations) does not discriminate – nor limit participation in any of its programs – on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criteria. All organizations or entities receiving assistance of any kind from Amarillo Area Foundation must also agree to follow these rules regarding any program supported by AAF.